Blumenfield assembles his Emergency BobCAT on Disaster Preparedness and hundreds of West Valley volunteers to rapidly distribute emergency supplies to evacuees of the Woolsey Fire
Emergency Preparedness has long been one of my top priorities — a passion forged by the 1994 Northridge Earthquake and my extensive work helping the Valley recover. From building a robust emergency preparedness volunteer action committee that has stepped up during disasters, to hosting LAFD CERT trainings at my District Office, to passing legislation designed to bolster readiness --my goal is to make every West Valley resident better prepared for the next disaster. Remember, it's not "if" but "when" the next disaster will strike. Read below to learn more about some of my efforts to expand emergency preparedness.
Learn more about how Councilmember Blumenfield assembled a community action team that has taken unprecedented steps to keep the West Valley safe and well-stocked with essentials for the next disaster, and learn all about how you can be better prepared and look out for your community.
- BobCAT (Community Action Team) on Disaster Preparedness
- Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Checklist on how to prepare for a disaster
- Seismic Retrofit and other legislation
- Laying out a Fire Safe Council for Community Preparedness
- Join LAFD's volunteer CERT Program
- Reflection on the 1994 Northridge Earthquake