Spanning the West San Fernando Valley from Woodland Hills to Winnetka, Los Angeles's 3rd Council District occupies one of the most vibrant corners of our great City.
Current population is 259,045 (According to Census 2010).
Total Number of Households:
86,562 with 2 persons per household.
Within its boundaries, the 3rd District contains:
- Five Los Angeles City Fire Department (LAFD) Stations
- Two Los Angeles Police Department Stations
- Four branches of the Los Angeles Public Library
- 21 city-owned and operated recreation parks and parks facilities encompassing over 800 acres
- 3 senior citizen centers
- A stage at Warner Center Park featuring free summer concerts, a lake with fishing, several swimming pools and two historical monuments
To learn more about the history of the West Valley, please watch the video below that was made by students at Columbia College Hollywood in Tarzana.