Yesterday, on April 1, 2015, at least 8 residential burglaries occurred in Woodland Hills in the Topanga Area. See the community alert from LAPD below, and follow these burglary prevention tips.
- Reminder: Don’t forget to lock and secure your residence when you leave. Leaving your windows open is an open invitation for a burglar to come into your residence.
- Here are a few examples of things that may help prevent you from becoming a victim: If you decide to leave your windows open get a stick and put it in the window frame preventing your window from opening all the way.
- Make sure you have your side gates locked. This is one of the most common entries for burglars. They enter through the side gate, and make entry into your home from the rear, away from public view.
- Keep your bushes around your windows trimmed so there is no place to hide.
- Post alarm signs in your front yard.
- Place a Beware of Dog sign on your gates.
- If your residence looks like a hard target, the criminal will be more likely to pass your house and move on to an easier target.
See more at nixle.com.
Do you like this page?